How to Send A Group Text Without Reply All
How A Group Text App Without “Reply All” Helps Your Business
Everyone loves text messaging, especially your customers. Text messages are now the most convenient, discreet and efficient way people communicate. In fact, 67% of customers would rather text than talk with a representative at your business.
With the rise of efficient A2P 10DLC business text messaging, its no surprise that businesses are adopting group text messaging as part of their day-to-day communications strategy. When you need to mass text groups of people at the same time, a group text is a way to go.
However, the traditional group texts you’re used to sending from your iPhone using iMessage or your Android using Google Messages present some problems. This is especially true for business.
The Problems with Group Texts for Business
- If you’re using iMessage or Google Messages for your business text messaging, there’s no way to send a group text without “reply all.” Everyone sees everyone else’s individual SMS messages in the group.
- Group texts sent from your employees’ or your personal phone aren’t private.
- If your employees send group text messages from their personal phones, you have no oversight of the conversations they’re having with your customers.
- Your iPhone or Android device doesn’t have an efficient built-in way to organize your business contacts into segments or customer user groups.
- You can’t compose, personalize or save a text message as a template to send a single text or MMS message to one individual or a group.
The Solution: A Group Text App Without Reply All
SnapDesk is a group text app without reply all. We’ve built it specifically for business purposes. This isn’t a group chat app. SnapDesk lets you segment and organizes your customers into various groups with the new “Groups” module. Create a personalized text message template, select a group to send it to and all messages go out to your individual customers.
The trick is in how responses to those text messages get organized. Each text message response from your customers comes back to you in the messages dashboard as a single, individual reply. Each response is private and separate from all of the other customers you just sent the same message to.
How to Send a Group Text Without Reply All Using SnapDesk
There are three main steps to sending a group text without reply all to your customers using SnapDesk. The first is you need to organize your customers and create a group. The second, you need to create a text message template. Third, you need to send the group message. Below is the step-by-step guide for creating a group, crafting a template and sending your group text.
Create the Customer User Group in the “Groups” Module
- From the SnapDesk Dashboard, select the tile called “Groups”.
- To create a new group in the Groups Module, select the orange “+” icon at the bottom right.
- Enter a group name and add users or persons to your new group
- Once you’ve added everyone into the group, select “Save” to save the group for future use throughout the app.
- You can return to the Groups Module at any time to mark a group important, add or remove users and customers or archive the group entirely.
Compose Your Group Text Message Template
- Now that you have a group, you can create and save a text message template to send to that group.
- To compose a new text message template, go to the “Messages” Module - here you’ll see all of your customer conversations.
- From the Messages Module dashboard, select the green “+” icon and “New Group Message” to create a new group message.
- In the new dialog box drop-down, select the group you’d like to send a text message to.
Send Your Group Text Message
- In the Groups Module, you’ll now see messages for that group. If you’ve sent texts to this group before, you’ll see them displayed historically.
- To send a new message, start typing in the text box below or select the “^” options arrow to add personalization or an existing template.
- Once you’re happy with the content of your message, select the “Send” airplane icon to preview the message you’re about to send.
- You can save this message as a new template or update an existing on by selecting “Save/Update Template”
- Once you’re happy, hit “SEND” to send your message to your group.
- Watch as all group text replies come back as individual conversations.
The Future of Group Text Messaging with Rich Communication Services (RCS)
SMS text messaging as a technology hasn’t changed much in the almost 30 years since it was invented. In most cases, you still have 160 character limits and you can only send so much information in a single text. This is all changing as carriers increasingly adopt the next generation of text messaging called Rich Communications Services or RCS.
RCS stands to revolutionize group text messaging. With this new tech, you’ll be able to have more interactive and personalized group text messages. Users will be able to share more advanced forms of media that go beyond MMS and they’ll have greater control over their privacy and opt-in, opt-out with group text messages. SnapDesk is at the forefront of RCS and we’ll keep you posted as our RCS enable group messaging begins to roll out in 2020.